One well three houses

Users who are viewing this thread

DLeppik

Reaction score
Looking for some input where three houses are using the same 6.5 gpm well. I am not sure of the capacity as far as recovery but each property uses one or two 2500 gallon holding tanks. I am interested in buying one of the properties but not sure I want to get into this situation. Thoughts?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
One consideration would be the agreement you must have with the legal owner of the well. If it stops pumping tomorrow, who will be responsible and will they be responsible? If it is split responsibility, then what if one of the other owners is pumping 10 times more water than you are?

I would be prepared to have my own well drilled if I was considering buying such a property.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Another issue I have encountered is where 2 of the 3 owners can afford to fix the well and the 3rd can't....

You want your own well and pump system for your peace of mind and to make for an easier sale down the road.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you can work out an agreement for the shared well, 6 GPM is 8,640 gallons per day. This is enough to supply 8 to 15 houses if needed, as long as there is not much or any irrigation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks