One Valve with two zones

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Q

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help! I just moved into a house that has an irrigation system that has not been operational in about 3 years. When I turn one of the valves on manually I get one set of sprinkler heads to pop up and function properly, but when I wired the zone and ran from the control station a different set of sprinkler heads turn on that do not come on when I turn on the zone manually.

All other zones seem to functioning properly. I have five values total.

Can two zones be hooked up to one valve? Wiring issue? Hoping someone has come across this before. Let me know if more information would help too. Thank you very much for any help. Chris.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Keep it simple. Each valve has to have a separate hot wire. Each valve has to be connected to a neutral wire, but these can be linked together. I'd start be making sure the neutral wire is connected. I had this problem once, it turned out that in linking the neutral wires, one of the connections was not made in a wire nut.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks