one side of house backing up

Users who are viewing this thread

red93xj

Reaction score
My house is on a slab foundation and is connected to the city sewer system. My problem is that on one side of the house the plumbing that connects to the master bathroom and my washing machine is backing up into my bathtub and out of the toilet. I have had a plumber come out on 3 seperate occasions and rod out the lines and do the roto rooter through all the lines and the cleanout line outside the house. This seems to fix the problem for about a week or so then once again it backs up into the house especially when washing clothes or taking a shower. Should i get someone to come out with a camera and check for anything or does it just sound like a stubborn clog reoccuring over and over?? Any info or ideas will be greatly appreciated. thanks

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I would get a camera in, no sense in throwing money at maybe fixing the problem. Identify and then attack. ;)

trini

Reaction score
wow, i have the same exact problem. i say get the camera in and see what you find. it didnt work for me but it may for you. let me know what happens b/c i have been searching for answers myself.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stoppage

If it is just part of the house, then doing anything at the cleanout outside is probably wasted time. But you do need to snake out the section that is plugged, assuming there is a convenient spot to do so.

psolutions

Reaction score
Drain Cleaning

Keep in mind that unclogging a drain with a drain snake often times doesn't completely resolve the problem.

Especially if the plumber just gets the drain flowing and closes it back up. You definitely could get the camera out to ease your mind, but next time its snaked i would recommend following up with a drain cleaner for the next few months to eliminate any left over grease and grime. Use something natural.. possibly see if your plumber has bio clean or a similar product.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks