One piece toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Mitch_R

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a one-piece toilet due to the ease of cleaning. On the MaP Testing website, there are no Toto one-piece toilets rated at 1000. Is that possible? Any comments on Toto one-piece toilets (or other brands)? I like the Toto Drake I have, but I'm willing to switch brands if there is a better option for a one-piece toilet.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
MaP testing is like horsepower in a car. Way over hyped. Toto makes great one piece toilets. Just go down the road where they're make. Well, not really, I don't think the factory sells to individuals, but I'm sure there are tons of outlets in the Atlanta area that do sell them.

Mitch_R

Reaction score
MaP testing is like horsepower in a car. Way over hyped. Toto makes great one piece toilets. Just go down the road where they're make. Well, not really, I don't think the factory sells to individuals, but I'm sure there are tons of outlets in the Atlanta area that do sell them.

It's interesting that you compare MaP testing to horsepower because I've told numerous people that shopping for a toilet is as tedious as shopping for a car - the brands, models, sizes, specs, etc. are overwhelming. My plumber swore by the MaP testing, so I've generally been using that in conjunction with Consumer Reports, but CR has only tested a limited number of toilets.

I actually bought my Toto online - the bath/kitchen design places have such limited hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
CR has a negative reputation on this forum. Their top rated toilets end up being dogs. Their testing leaves much to be desired and does not accurately indicate performance with the real "stuff". Your have a point about the many choices available when shopping toilets, but while all brands have improved greatly in recent years, Toto is still a very trusted brand regardless of model.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Anything over 500 grams in meaningless. I put four TOTO Ultimate MS854114 toilets that at the time were rated at 325 grams and they have been working great.
They have also changed the test somewhat, and all the ratings jumped a bit when they did that.
500 grams is awesome. That's all you need.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you realize how much 1000g is? That's like 9-sticks of butter. Know anyone that can dump one that long? Plus, the test is made with plastic-wrapped paste. DOes yours come out in the same, smooth packaging?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks