one Piece toilet doesnt match holes

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dbomb, Nov 12, 2009.

1. dbomb

dbomb New Member

hello everyone, I happened to find a good deal on craiglist for a one piece toilet. When i was ready to isntall it , i was not able to put the toilet flush on the flange after lining up my screws. I look at the bottom of the toilet bowl and found out that the holes are not at 9 and 3 o'clock of the exit pipe. They are more like 5 and 7 o'clock.

Im going crazy trying to figure out whats going on, I looked everywhere and cant find any information. I dont see a brand name on the toilet either....I hope someone can she some light into my problem.

Thanks.
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

That's a new one . I see no way to set that on a flange using closet bolts.

John
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Buyer beware....It must be some non US made toilet...
  4. dbomb

dbomb New Member

I guess Im stuck with this one. I think I will put some anchors on the ground and attach it that way. Does anyone see a major problem with that. I know is not the approved way to do it, but I guess I have no choise. Its probably a non us made like you said. I'm surprise they would have that here.

But now it makes sense because the regualr 7/8 3/8 hose that connects the toilet for the water doesnt fit. its a little to big.

Never thought that could happen, why would anyone bring a non us toilet to the us? oh well you live you learn.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  5. Plumber Jim

Plumber Jim Member

Is there a name on the toilet?
  6. dbomb

dbomb New Member

No I dont see a name, on one of them I see something inside the toilet that says "yato" I am attaching the pics. on the first one you can see on the right edge how the hole doesnt line up. i will try to take better pics when I get back home.

Attached Files:

• t1..jpg
      t1..jpg
      File size:
      48 KB
      Views:
    • t2.jpg
      t2.jpg
      File size:
      56.4 KB
      Views:
  7. dbomb

dbomb New Member

Ok for anyone that is keeping up, I found the website for these toilets.

http://en.yatao.com/ProductList.aspx

Yup they Asian, amazing, I just can't belived I got stuck with this .

Well time to put the handy skills to work and make it fit.!
  8. johnjh2o1

I for one would like to see the bottom of the toilet.

John
  9. dbomb

dbomb New Member

No problem, I will post pics when I get home. Hopefully this will help someone, because I google everywhere and the wasn't anything about this
  10. dbomb

dbomb New Member

Ok here it is by request :D

Attached Files:

11. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

Looks to me like a Sioux Chief raise-a-ring has a pattern that might work with that. Might lift the flange too high for you though.
  12. Cass

Cass Plumber

if you can post a pic of the inside of te tank...
  13. johnjh2o1

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  14. dbomb

dbomb New Member

Did you mean the pic from the water tank. Let me knwo if this is what you were asking.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

• t3.jpg
      t3.jpg
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
  15. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

The Asian toilets I used were squat style...no sitting. Made me appreciate the presence of water to cover the smell. Malaysian curry/hot pepper heavy diets and squat toilets make for incredibly pungent restrooms. :eek:

The public toilets that used western style commodes had signs illustrating not to stand/squat on top of the toilet. :D
  16. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

What you have there is a somewhat expensive, but unique, flower pot. ANY means you use to bolt it down will be a makeshift process. Underneath it looks quite similar to the "two outlet" toilet someone else inquired about.
  17. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Let's assume for a moment that you can solve the problem that started this thread and figure out how to get this toilet secured to a flange. What assurance will you have that this will not be constantly clogging a trouble free toilet? There are many toilets around with well known brand names on them that at least do not start out needing improvised installation but don't work well. This thing is a piece of junk and should be treated as such. Sometimes one just can't afford a bargain.
  18. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I'm still curious about how this is all going to work out.

The fill valve looks like a Korky 528 without the top cap.