One drain or more in shower

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by RonR, Aug 21, 2014.

1. RonR

RonR New Member

Designing a walk in shower – L shaped – main area (long side of the “L”) 60 inches x 40 inches with small area of the “L” as the entry about 28 inches x 28 inches. How many drains would be appropriate to cover this much area? There will be two shower heads as in picture attached - one rain shower head and one hand held. Not sure if one would be enough for this amount of area.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

Nice sized shower.

Do you have any negative framing (a drop down created)?

You are about to get into a high degree of difficulty shower build. Most of my online clients I till them this is a 2-5 hour discussion.
  3. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

[​IMG]

This photo is from a blog post of mine on Hobless Shower Planning. The photo shows the advanced planning needed to pull off many barrier free shower builds.

There are countless ways to build your shower. You need to pick the one that will work best. It will be very hard for you to get advice online from men who have done this. Built a curbless shower before. Try and find someone that has built more than one. Try and find someone that does them all the time.

Finding the right installer for the waterproofing is a great starting point. I'd be looking for installers NobleSeal CIS experience for the size of the shower you have.