One drain or more in shower

Users who are viewing this thread

RonR

Reaction score
Designing a walk in shower – L shaped – main area (long side of the “L”) 60 inches x 40 inches with small area of the “L” as the entry about 28 inches x 28 inches. How many drains would be appropriate to cover this much area? There will be two shower heads as in picture attached - one rain shower head and one hand held. Not sure if one would be enough for this amount of area.

Attachments

• Shower.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Nice sized shower.

Do you have any negative framing (a drop down created)?

You are about to get into a high degree of difficulty shower build. Most of my online clients I till them this is a 2-5 hour discussion.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
whipple-01.jpg

This photo is from a blog post of mine on Hobless Shower Planning. The photo shows the advanced planning needed to pull off many barrier free shower builds.

There are countless ways to build your shower. You need to pick the one that will work best. It will be very hard for you to get advice online from men who have done this. Built a curbless shower before. Try and find someone that has built more than one. Try and find someone that does them all the time.

Finding the right installer for the waterproofing is a great starting point. I'd be looking for installers NobleSeal CIS experience for the size of the shower you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks