On a mission to find a salt free solution

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I agree hj,

I still think his wife will clean that shower head, Just so he will quit experimenting.

Then he will be one of the "testimonials" that we read about. IT WORKED !! ("No She Did...lol)

But it is fun to play. To each his own...

DonL

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
In a different but significant nutshell molecules are all electrically charged. Even if they are electrically neutral they have significance to other charged particles. It is how traditional softners work. I simply believe that it is possible to affect this water in ways that will help me with my hardness. How? I cant rightfully say at this point and i have given it alot and will continue to give it alot of thought.

No Traditional Softeners work by removing the Lime and Calcium from the water then replacing it maintaining the neutrality. These devices cannot do that!

All i know for sure is this, magnets can be used to generate fields that affect molecules in ways we previously never thought possible. Its how MRI's works, just recently it was discovered magnetic pulses can be used to manipulate our brainwaves from outside of the body. I could go on an on here but wont, simply if this is possible why cant magnets or electrical impulses that essentially create fields affect water to generate an outcome that i am happy with. I believe we are onto something and i believe i will find a device that will. However that is yet to be determined. In lieu of actually getting some work done i am going to stop for now.

Still the resolution of the MRI is in a large part possible due to magnetic properties within the cells such as Iron in your blood....

Tumors for instance are easily visible because of the increased blood flow to them. Brain imaging is largely done by blood flow mapping....

Ifican

Reaction score
Very few, if any, solutions will UNDO any current problems. And additional blockage could be what would normally occur given the original water quality. Why do you think companies which make those devices rely on "testimonials" instead of objective tests? It is because the users WANT the devices to work so they convince themselves that they are, among other things by convincing themselves that the "water tastes better".

I agree completely with the testimonials though i would stipulate that not all testimonials are placebo effect. So would a water softner not slowly clear partially plugged holes?

Ifican

Reaction score
No Traditional Softeners work by removing the Lime and Calcium from the water then replacing it maintaining the neutrality. These devices cannot do that!

How does that ion exchange take place? And i agree complete that none of these devices will do that. Not even wanting that to happen.

Still the resolution of the MRI is in a large part possible due to magnetic properties within the cells such as Iron in your blood....

Tumors for instance are easily visible because of the increased blood flow to them. Brain imaging is largely done by blood flow mapping....

Agreed with both statements, we can get into the inner working on magnetic resonance on a different thread, i was simply making a point that celluar structure has the ability to be affected but passing through or sitting within a magnetic or pulsed field. I will even go on to say that the force of the field an mri machine imparts on the body is impossibly strong compared to something over the counter you buy. Again just saying i am open to figuring out if exponentially weaker fields can help me in search of my hard water concerns.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
(Quote); History is filled with "why fix it if it isnt broken". If we continued to think that way forever we would never make anything better because we have things that work just fine now. Yet as a people we continue to evolve, continue to make better, faster, smaller and easier. I may not have a scientific background but i read alot. I am open to change and approach things from an logical yet analytical point of view.

And yet we did figure out that lead cannot be turned into gold. Changing the chemical properties of minerals and water has been researched for decades now. When chemists tell you that the laws of physics and chemistry would have to be altered for these devices to work, I tend to side with them. Still, I suppose that one could strap some plywood to ones arms, flap like a bird and hope to fly and yet, history would prove otherwise.

Ifican

Reaction score
Mr. Sawyer - touche, though i will counter with this. Einstein was told for many years his theory of relativity would never work. In recent times leading physicists speculated string theory could never be proven. I have been called many different names over the years by friends and family alike, for doubting some experts when it comes to things i can readily understand. Not that i can readily prove but what makes sense to me in how things should beable to be manipulated. Though i have to say while reading a few other articles i need to ponder a few variants of my own reasoning i had not taken into account thus far.

Redwood - my question was really a poke at your comment, which said i was wrong in my definition of how softerns work.

I had only ever previously glanced at the definition of aragonite, good stuff on that one. The others i have read alot about previous.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, without getting openly hostile here and resorting to defamation and such I will indeed and with total sincerity wish you the best of luck in your quest. If you will excuse me, it's time for me to fill my brine tank

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I had only ever previously glanced at the definition of aragonite, good stuff on that one. The others i have read alot about previous.

Yes, what they have you believe is that the frequency of their magnetic field changes the calcium to aragonite which is unstable and would rapidly change back....

Everywhere you turn the concept is just out to lunch...

Ifican

Reaction score
I agree whole heartedly that most of these companies market crap. And blatantly falsify information, i have read most of the arguments they make, in fact i believe it was a really long thread on this very forum where i first ready about aragonite. Just a few weeks ago i was communicating via chat with one particular well known company and the rep pretended to know but had no clue. Could not answer basic questions on how their product worked and only came up with canned responses. So i have read and agree that most is junk. We will see in time how it all works out. Good stuff though, and i have gotten a few more things to think about after these last few days so i thank you all for that.

Ifican

Reaction score
totally off topic for minute

I am in San Diego and going to be looking for help with several projects around the house. Plumber, tile setter, deck builder and such. Is there somewhere on this forum to find, do any of you know or have insight on local help?

Last edited:

Ifican

Reaction score
Funny thing, wife just asked me yesterday if our water filter could be making spotting worse because its worse than out old place where we did no filtering. She has no idea i am doing any hard water testing only that i am looking into it. I will say that for what i need my current solution is a fail but i plan on removing the magnets for a time and see if it at all affects spotting. Will get that done in the next few days to monitor the situation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks