oldest shower i've ever seen

Users who are viewing this thread

angie73

Reaction score
We are currently trying to remodel a bathroom in our new, old, home. We've torn out the old metal surround and drywall from the shower and in the process have broken the center pipe that the center handle attaches to on the three handle shower faucet. I have no idea who made this faucet setup and no idea where to get the part to replace it. What do we need to purchase to fix this problem or can we cap the center handle off and route the shower a different way??? We are very lost on this one, please help!!!!! :confused:

angie73

Reaction score
re: pipe pics

I will have to get pics with camera phone. Basically, it is a three handled shower setup. One handle for cold water, one for hot water, and the center one is to turn the shower on. The center one is the one we broke when trying to remove the old handle. The pipe is about three or so inches long and it is what attaches the handle to the plumbing inside the wall to operate the shower.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

But if this is just a shower, without a tub spout, why do you have to have a separate valve to turn the shower on? I hope it is not being used to turn the water on and off while leaving the hot and cold valves at a comfortable setting. If so then you should be having weird temperature problems in the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks