old well restart

Users who are viewing this thread

mtns1234

Reaction score
I got an old 8" well 78 feet deep, water at 30'. Want to pump water to my garden. Must be low budget. I am finding some used US made submersible 1/2 to 3/4 hp (220v) pumps, can I set pump up with just a on off switch, turn on for 10 min. water garden and turn switch off?
Thanks rb

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If I were going through the trouble, I would put a pressure tank and switch on it. A cheap non-bladder tank is less than $100.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Turing on a pump manually is not a problem. You just need to make sure you turn off the pump manually. If someone closes off the hoses and you forget to turn the pump off, it won't last another 10 minutes. A pressure tank/pressure switch makes it work automatically, but then you have to be sure to use the full 10 GPM all the time or the pump will cycle on/off until it dies. A Pside-Kick kit takes out all the guesswork and makes the system completely automatic.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You could do it with a simple on/off switch as long as there is no valve that could be closed. Keep in mind if you don't draw the water fast enough, it could build enough pressure to burst your garden hose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks