Old Shower Drain Upgrade

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by MATTO, Jul 31, 2007.

1. MATTO

MATTO New Member

Hello to all,
    Little problem that I need some help with........
    I have a tub drain that is not threaded, has no catch or screen and is constantly becoming clogged because of it. Besides removal of tub and pipe what commercial or inventive options would work. This idea must be user friendly because the tub is used as a shower and bath. This is in a rental a few states away. I don't have the diameter of the pipe at this time. The idea must work as a hair/crud catch and a plug. Thanks in advance for your help. I've really run out of options. The repair guy loves us.:mad:

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    If you have access from below, change the tub/overflow assembly would be one option.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. MATTO

MATTO New Member

There is no access from below.
    That would be the most expensive option with removal and all.
    Thanks for the comment.