Old school toilet drain - what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fahrns

Reaction score
Hello, long time lurker first time poster here on TL forums!

I'm renovating my 1950's bungalow bathroom. I've just peeled back all the floor layers to the original T&G and I'm wondering what I should do about my toilet drain and flange.
Toilet flange 2.jpg
Plastic bag is packed with more plastic bags as my "plug"
Toilet flange.jpg

Toilet drain 2.jpg
Looking up from below

The original cast iron drain is staying put, but there is a lead extension that runs up through the floor and and was bent over the toilet flange. The cast iron drain has a 4.5" ID. I'd like to replace the flange and the lead extension but with what? My toilet plumbing knowledge is limited but I'm a pretty handy guy so the install doesn't bother me. Just want to do this right. Also, I'm not sure what my final height to the flange will be but I'm guessing around another 1.5" above the T&G (got to add 3/4" plywood and tiles).

Thanks ahead of time for your input!
Cheers,
Pete

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks