Old Moentrol Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

brandenmatthew

Reaction score
I have what I thought was a Moentrol valve, but when I bought a new Moentrol trim kit, the center ring/temperature limit stop (the round trim that sticks through the trim plate about two inches long and round) does not fit. The new trim ring is too large compared to my old one...you can see it in the picture.

Did Moentrol have different styles...or do I even have a Moentrol.

Any help is appreciated.

moentrol valve.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have a Moentrol, you may have purchased is a Posi-Temp trim, which uses a larger cartridge and the same diagonal location of the mounting screws.

Last edited:

brandenmatthew

Reaction score
You have a Moentrol.
What you may have purchased is a Posi-Temp, which uses a larger cartridge and the same dieangle location of the mounting screws.
I think your right. I thought I ordered a Moentrol....but now I see that what came is not marked Moentrol anywhere. I was really getting frustrated trying to understand what was wrong. Your a big help...thank you so much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks