Old man needs help with tub faucet leak

Users who are viewing this thread

greymattr

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me. I have a faucet leak in the tub, don't know if it's one or both but assume I should fix both. I'm attaching a picture since I really don't know what I'm talking about. I removed the acrylic handle that fits over a brass sleeve but am unable to remove the sleeve to access the cartridge. The sleeve appears to be attached to and rotates the stem. The notches on the front of the sleeve lock into the handle. Made a 40 miles trip to the nearest home depot and the so-called plumbing expert said he had never seen this kind of mechanism. Would hate to have to call a plumber, it's $100 just to come and see (I live on top a 7,000 ft mountain). Sorry for being so long-winded and thanks for any help you can give me.

Attachments

• IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 250

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest you take a sharper picture with a camera. Usually if you put the camera into "macro" mode (tulip icon) it will focus closer.

Somebody might recognize it with your existing picture, but I think it will be more likely with a sharper picture.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is a "Price Pfister", (now just Pfister), "Marquis" handle The all metal Windsor handle will take its place and is easier to locate, (all big box and most hardware stores have them). The "adapter" is just stuck to the stem. Try pulling it while "rocking" it with a pair of Channellock pliers.

greymattr

Reaction score
I suggest you take a sharper picture with a camera. Usually if you put the camera into "macro" mode (tulip icon) it will focus closer.

Somebody might recognize it with your existing picture, but I think it will be more likely with a sharper picture.

greymattr

Reaction score
It is a "Price Pfister", (now just Pfister), "Marquis" handle The all metal Windsor handle will take its place and is easier to locate, (all big box and most hardware stores have them). The "adapter" is just stuck to the stem. Try pulling it while "rocking" it with a pair of Channellock pliers.

greymattr

Reaction score

Thank you very much. I will try your recommendation. Very much appreciate your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks