Old house with 9" inch rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

George McCleary

Reaction score
Just bought a little concrete block Bungalow built in 1947. I want to put a toliet in the utillity area as there is an untrapped 4" cast drain in the slab. The actual dimension is 9 1/4" to center of the stubbed up 4" from the block wall. What can be done to make a 10" rough toilet work .

Thanks guys

Reach4

Reaction score
I believe a toilet flange needs to be piped with 3 inch or bigger pipe. That would be unusual for a floor drain. But then an untrapped floor drain is also unusual.

I don't understand "stubbed up 4" from the block wall".

George McCleary

Reaction score
I believe a toilet flange needs to be piped with 3 inch or bigger pipe. That would be unusual for a floor drain. But then an untrapped floor drain is also unusual.

I don't understand "stubbed up 4" from the block wall".
The drain is 4" diameter, the actual measurement to the center of said 4" drain is 9 1/4' from the concrete block wall in the direction I want to position the toliet. Already bore scoped the drains prior to closing the deal and it is untrapped . The structure was built in 47 for a rail supervisor at Erie Ord Depot so it was gov't spec 47 style.

Reach4

Reaction score
Perhaps post a photo and measurements. How will you get a good seal? Will you mount a Push-Tite Gasketed Closet Flange (887-GPM) or what?

I would not be surprised if there is some 10 inch offset toilet that will fit 9.25 rough-in. There are some 12 inch toilets that fit under-11 inch-rough-ins. But I don't know about the 10 inchers.

I made new holes in a Unifit and mounted a 12 inch unifit over an inch farther from the wall than 12 inches. I think you could do a similar thing and mount a 10 inch unifit closer to the wall. Note that the toilets that take Unifit plus the 10 inch adapter itself are more expensive than regular toilets. Since you are only trying to stretch by 3/4 inches, you might not have to even make new holes. But the fact is that you could if you had to. Vespin 2 and Eco Soiree are two of the toilets that work with a Unifit.

JerryR

Reaction score
A Toto CST744EF.10 will fit a 9 1/4" rough in. Mine did :)

It's a 10" rough with 3/4" behind the tank so if you have a 9 1/4" rough the tank will just touch the wall.

Click on the picture below.

Jerry

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks