followed it - still leaking - so bummed
coming out from the gasket and still dripping from spout

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Great! What needed to happen for the fix?
Normally if everything is clean, and you have the new gasket, it goes together pretty good. :)

zLori

Reaction score
You got that right - !!
There was left over 'old' gasket that I had to clean - barely there but wow when I took it off
it stopped - amazing -

Alfonse

Reaction score
Here is a link to a video of your valve. He is long winded but he discusses the plastic part about 4:00 minutes into the video:
Is it possible to find company he purchased it from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Flowmatic cartridge

index.php

Last edited:

lafnrose

Reaction score
So after IDing the valve, purchasing, and replacing my shower is still leaking. Now im not sure if the valve actually needed to be replaced since I had a plumber come out 6 years ago to replace it (I can no longer locate him). I checked the pipes and everything seemed to be dry. After putting the new valve in I still have a leak. Does anyone have any suggestions or insights. Is there a right side for the gasket to go on? I’m not sure what I’m missing. Thanks in advance!

phister-flowmatic-lincoln.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
So after IDing the valve, purchasing, and replacing my shower is still leaking. Now im not sure if the valve actually needed to be replaced since I had a plumber come out 6 years ago to replace it (I can no longer locate him). I checked the pipes and everything seemed to be dry. After putting the new valve in I still have a leak. Does anyone have any suggestions or insights. Is there a right side for the gasket to go on? I’m not sure what I’m missing. Thanks in advance!

Make sure the surfaces are clean and smooth. The gasket can be installed either side. Evenly tighten the screws.

flowmatic-cartridge-01.jpg

Bimwad

Reaction score
Hey folks,

A quick question for those who are up-to-date with the current situation regarding these cartridge replacements:

Is the original pivoting handle style cartridge still available anywhere, like the Home Depot Pro listing, for example?

I've looked at a variety of the listings from different sellers, and I get the impression that (despite some picturing the old style) the only replacement part that is actually available now is a newer one that rotates, not pivots, and also requires a different handle and trim plate. Is that the case?

Back in the early 2000s, I replaced one of these before, and there were no issues ordering the matching part, and doing the repair. I actually ordered it from Home Depot back then; it cost about $40 fifteen or so years ago.

TBH, I'm thinking a rotating handle might not be all that bad, considering the reason I've had to replace these is because the failures have involved the pivoting action going bad, and not completely shutting off the flow. They're nice and tight when new, but the mechanism develops play over time.

The one I replaced back then failed that way, as is the one I have to replace now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks