Old Flange removal

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by zetroc, Dec 14, 2004.

1. zetroc

zetroc New Member

I've got a question. My wax seal started to leak on my toilet (after 20 years). I decided to take the task on myself. I removed the toilet and the old wax gasket. Well, the flange had obviously seen better years so I decided that I was going to replace that as well. Now, I removed the old metal flange ring and I cannot get the pvc portion that connects to the drain to come off. I don't see any glue but I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

flange

It is glued, and we cannot tell you the best way to go from here. Whether it will be easier to remove the flange, try to fit a repair flange, or ???.