Old Crane spout/ diverter problem

Users who are viewing this thread

agabovich

Reaction score
I have an old crane bathtub spout that has a diverter that does not function properly. When pulled, the water does not come out of the shower. I was told that there is no replacement for it and the only way to replace it is to break the wall and replace all piping for shower.

I don't want to spend $400 to do this. Are there alternatives?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that specific spout...

Normally, spouts are attached either screwed onto a fitting (often generic) or slid onto a bare pipe. One, you unscrew, the other you loosen a set screw and pull it off.

Unless the screw-in fitting is unique to the brand, there are available replacements.

If you have access to the back side of the tiled wall, say through a closet, or another room, you can probably replace the fitting, if required, to put a new spout on. If you can't get back there, then you may need to tear out some tile. If you are careful, you might be able ot add a decorative accent around the spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks