old clay sewer pipe nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Frank Designs

Reaction score
cracked pipes cracked pipes cracked pipes everywhere...at this point have a good 1/4 of the basement floor sitting in piles of rubble,man these old clay pipes are touchy..anyway I digress..I have found something different and odd to me.pulled up the old floor drain and found an unusual trap sorta shaped like a U trap with a staight pipe for the floor drain running up the center of it I guess it is more or less shaped like a W.... I am unable to find a replacement trap anywhere in here in Cincinnati. most plumbing houses look at me like I said I am raising wild dingos in the back yard , so I,ve no idea if i should just break out more floor and p trap for the drain and a u trap for the tie in
of the other floor drain.

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Whatever you do has to meet the current plumbing code for the location you live. A p-trap is the standard everywhere now. Some areas have special rules for venting of floor drain traps and use of trap primers.
I recommend that you contact your local building inspection dept to learn what is and is not allowed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks