Old American Std Parts source

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Chas, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Chas

Chas New Member

Can anyone help me locate a source for old American Standard parts? I have a single handle shower mixing valve that doesn't completely shut off. I estimate the vintage to be 1934 because of a known remodel during that year. The cover plate says "American Standard Re-Nu". It is supposed to shut off with full counter clockwise rotation, then goes through cold to hot by rotating clockwise. I have disassembled, and seen that there are flat rubber washers approximately the size of a nickle that make the seal. They are quite hard and I assume are what I should be replacing. However, I have been unable to locate a source for these washers. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Chas
  2. Tyke Martin

Tyke Martin New Member

Hey Chas

Did you ever find the parts to the old re-Nu Mixing Valve ?? If so, please contact me at tykemartin@aol.com.

Thanks

Tyke