Old Am Std Tub/Shower Valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jecole13, Dec 8, 2008.

1. jecole13

jecole13 Junior Member

Help me identify an old Am Std Tub/Shower Valve

I need parts for an old Am. Std. t/s valve that nobody seems to be able to identify. I'm guessing it is 25 to 35 years old. It is a one piece unit (from top to bottom) it has 2 shower heads, a diverter, a temp and volume control lever, a handheld, another temp & volume control lever, and a tub spout. The handheld operates like handspray on a kitchen faucet, it has a trigger on the handspray. All are in a straight line from top to bottom, the whole unit is only about 6 to 8 inches wide and about 5 foot tall. It recesses in the wall, and has 2 acess panals. and the entire front of the unit is plastic. ( even the tub spout) Can anyone help me identify this valve!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

shower panel

Delta made a unit like that, but I have never seen one by American Standard.
  3. jecole13

jecole13 Junior Member

Clearly marked "American Standard" however there is no data tag inside service panels
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

shower

My feeling is that it was made by someone else and rebranded as an American Standard. Without seeing the mechanism, it is difficult to tell if any A/S parts would work in it.