Oil Burner will not remain on

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeGlosta

Reaction score
Honeywell. The burner has been off since May through the summer months until now.

Good Flame. Hot water.
Turns off after a few minutes.

I've cleaned the small flame sensor and very recent install of Primary Control box.

After working on the burner I turned the electricity back on and it started right up. (For a few minutes before stopping)

The temp in the house is around 68 - but when I turn the thermostat to 80 it won't come on.

Any ideas what may be going on? I'm trying to stay away from the reset button for now.

Reach4

Reaction score
bad thermostat? In a common system, with the thermostat calling for heat, there should not be voltage between R and W at the furnace/boiler. When the thermostat is not calling for heat, there should be voltage.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Some thermostats have minimum off times (sometimes programmable, sometimes not) to avoid short-cycling the equipment. With some actual model names for the equipment it may be possible to debug-via-web-forum, but what we have so far is akin to: "Chevy, starts OK then stalls, won't re-start ." A similar symptom can happen over a wide range of products, but the causes are often specific to the equipment.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks