Offset shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Talonx13

Reaction score
image.jpeg

I ripped out an old shower and am installing a new one. The new drain does not match up with the existing drain pipe. The offset is minimal but enough to be a pain. This is a shower in my basement so the drain pipe goes straight into the slab. I am lost at what I can do to fix. Picture is attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Is your shower a pre-fab or one-piece?

Those assume you will build a brand new drain install with respect to where the shower factory made their hole.

You may want to consider a proper tiled shower floor kit.
quickp3.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This is a common issue with a preformed pan...the drain line MUST line up, or you'll perpetually have problems. Someone MIGHT make an offset one, but I"ve not seen it (doesn't mean it doesn't exist). Your alternative is to build out the wall such that the pan's drain would be properly centered, or toss the pan and make one out of deckmud. You could pay to have a custom one done, but those tend to be expensive. FWIW, while a liner type conventional tiled shower will work fine, I much prefer a bonded membrane done in one layer...less steps, fewer chances of messing up IMHO. Dries out much quicker, less chance of mold and mildew (assuming it's built properly).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks