Off topic question on irrigation

Users who are viewing this thread

V1rtu0s1ty

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
It's ok. What about overheating since the holes in the sprinklers are small, how does this jet pump deal with it? I have a feeling that it might explode the hose.

Thanks!

Ron

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Frankly, if this nutrient 'tea' is worth brewing, it's worth the effort to lug it around in a watering can. Applying it with a sprinkler head is probably not cost-effective. Other ways exist to move the 'tea' through a hose, but not a hose with a sprinkler head on the end.

V1rtu0s1ty

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Wet_Boots said:
Frankly, if this nutrient 'tea' is worth brewing, it's worth the effort to lug it around in a watering can. Applying it with a sprinkler head is probably not cost-effective. Other ways exist to move the 'tea' through a hose, but not a hose with a sprinkler head on the end.

Wet_Boots,

What you said is similar to what the person told me a few minutes ago. He told me to mix my 13 gallon tea on a 50 gallon dechlorinated water on a 50 gallon barrel or even use rain. Then at the bottom of the barrel, there is a faucet(similar to picture below). Then he told me to connect the faucet to a pool pump. The barrel though should be higher than the pump. Gravity will let the water out. Then connect another hose to the outlet of the pump. Then he told me not to put any sprinkler head on the hose end. He just walks on while he is watering the lawn.

What is wrong with the sprinkler head? Do you guys know of a decent/not so expensive pool pump that will do what I just mentioned?

rainbarrelsdone.jpg

Thanks guys!

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
A sprinkler needs at least 20 psi minimum to do what it is supposed to do. It will sprinkle with less pressure but it will be more like a dribble.

The very smallest jet pump will do what you need. For as little as you have, go to HD and get the smallest jet pump you can get, in plastic. If your "tea" includes fertilizer it will destroy any metal that you might get.

Life doesn't matter because you are going to use so little water. I would flush the pump with clear water after distributing the "tea".

V1rtu0s1ty

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Bob NH said:
A sprinkler needs at least 20 psi minimum to do what it is supposed to do. It will sprinkle with less pressure but it will be more like a dribble.

The very smallest jet pump will do what you need. For as little as you have, go to HD and get the smallest jet pump you can get, in plastic. If your "tea" includes fertilizer it will destroy any metal that you might get.

Life doesn't matter because you are going to use so little water. I would flush the pump with clear water after distributing the "tea".

Yep, I won't be using any more sprinkler heads. I will just use my garden hose connected to the pump and just walk around. This way I can even concentrate on an area I need. :)

And thanks for the HD suggestion, I didn't know they sell jet pump. I will go there tomorrow since it's past 10pm here. Will this pump work, http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=1479

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks