Off Set Flange Cast Iron

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by SSNOWY, Jul 6, 2006.

1. SSNOWY

SSNOWY New Member

i AM TRYING TO FIND A OFF SET FLANGE FOR A CAST IRON PIPE 4 INCH..... THE TRICK IS I WAS TRYING TO FIND ONE THAT FITS INSIDE THE 4 INCH SO I DON'T HAVE TO BREAK UP MY CONCRETE..... ANY ANSWERS OR IDEAS.....
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Since the flange can't sit much above the finished floor and still allow the toilet to sit properly, you'd likely have to tear out some concrete anyways...How far do you need to move it?
  3. SSNOWY

SSNOWY New Member

i need to move it a inch or 2 i guess........ i have a shower curb that was installed and i plan on putting glass blocks up for the shower wall... so now after i raised the floor a 1/2" to match the wood floors that are going in i realized that i might be hitting the glass wall with my knee when i sit down , what ever i can get would be great..... my bathroom is not that big to start out with 5x7. The only thing that i have been able to find is one that requires me to break up 2" of concrete, i think that was going to give me 2" or so. I would like to find a offset flange that is just like a normal flange for a cast iron , the one that is pvc (white ) and has the black rubber ring that fits inside the 4"cast iron. not even sure if they make it i have checked a few places and the only thing i can find is the above menetioned. thannks
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Code most places requires 15" on either side of the toilet center...with your remodeling, you'll need that to pass. You might need to move things more. If you are putting in a new shower, and things are very old, the p-trap might not be in great shape. If it was a tub, then it probably is 1.5" and a shower requires 2" with no tub to buffer the overflow. Also, a shower drain should be at or near the center of the shower floor, so moving it might be good. So, you might end up having to tear up the concrete...better to do it right the first time.