Off grid hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Drgonzo

Reaction score
Looking for a tankless unit for a small cabin. Will a Takagi TK Jr cut it?i have 1/2 " water and LP connections. Short run on the propane. Should I put a damper on it and condensation drain on the vent? I live in northern Ca.and it can get below freezing. The climate is like upper desert. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Any tips or knowledge you can offer my wife and I truly thank you!

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
At Tagaki Jr requires AC power and uses standby power, which you DON'T want in an off-grid situation.

You need some third-world unit that needs no exernal power source such as the Marey portable HW heater or one of the l0w-end Bosch units that don't need the grid to run.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks