Odor in bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Abouthadit

Reaction score
Hello all , I've read through some posts here about urine odor etc. so please bare with me on this.
We bought a house, short sale yadda yadda.
We completely gutted it out, from carpet/pad light fixtures to all the doors/jams to having the popcorn scraped off the ceilings to having the walls reskimed and textured..
We peeled up the linoleum floors in both bathrooms , removed both toilets (didn't notice any leaks/stains) , my wife completly mopped all the floors twice with bleach. The owners had a dog and it had peed in one bedroom (apparently quite a few times along with by the front door too)

Ok its a slab floor...

The bathrooms ; one has a tub the other has a shower stall. We pulled both toilets cleaned them completly under the lip, sides, inside and out.
Had both shower stall and tub the "Nu Finish" done to them ie. The shower stall has 3 walls solid corion ? (spelling) and base is plastic ?
Went to HD told them what we had done , so they recommended using a primer for bare textured sheetrock.
We primered the whole house , then painted . Reinstalled both toilets , now at times I would walk into the one bathroom with the shower, (the room is only about 6x10 ) I can smell urine. Somtimes stronger than other times. Now everytime I take a shower ( I use the exhaust (fart) fan everytime) I get out dry off , go get a cup of coffee , or ? and come back into the bathroom I get a strong oder of urine ??
I can't tell where its coming from ? It almost smells like it coming from the shower drain / A couple of times I've put a towell over the drain hole , but the odor is still there but maybe not as strong ?
I've poured bleach down the drain , drano, to no effect .
Any ideas ??
Sorry for being so long winded ! lol Just trying to tell what we've done..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks