odd shower/ tub valve

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by topaz75, Jan 8, 2014.

1. topaz75

topaz75 New Member

I am remodeling a tub/ shower in a rental apartment. The tile guy just took off the old surround.

The shower valve that is installed as a weird two piece trim and looks unfamiliar to me. I am not sure what model this is and if i can find replacment trim kits. Can anybody tell from the pictures what make/ model shower valve this is? photo2.jpg photo-3.jpg

Thanks
    Topaz
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Now is the time to cut that out and replace with a new valve. What you have is kind of oddball.
    New ones come with pressure balancing. A much better deal.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

A picture from the front might help more than one from an angle. The valve MAY be pressure balanced because many valves have the balancer integral with the cartridge.