Odd rough-in distance

Users who are viewing this thread

Parak

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying two Toto Nexus toilets for myself, but measuring the distance from the wall to the center of the bolts in my current toilets gives 11.5 inches. Will the Nexus fit regardless?

As a side question, the floor is tile with what is probably concrete underneath. I know that 4 holes are needed for the Nexus, but are there any issues in securing the anchors to this type of substrate?

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Nexus will work with 11.5"
It only takes four holes per toilet in the floor for the Nexus adapter.
A 5/16" hole works with the tile, or a 1/4" will work if you move the bit some.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on the tile, a diamond core bit may be the best choice for drilling holes (some tile is extremely hard). You can buy them on-line, Lowes carries some made by Hitachi that aren't too dear for the smaller sizes, or a tile shop. Other types of bits can be used, but this will certainly work rather than trying one and finding it doesn't even mark the tile, then having to buy something else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks