object stuck in toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

lang

Reaction score
my son admitted trying to flush half of a cd (snapped cd in half) and flushed it and now the thing won't complete the flush. plunger wont do anything what can i do to fix this problem?

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
You can try a toilet auger. You can get them at most plumbing supply places. It is about three feet long and has a flexible "snake" on one end that you feed into the built-in toilet trap, and twist around with a crank handle. That may snag the half cd and pull it out or break it up.
If that doesn't do it, you may have to pull the toilet and go after it from the underneath side. If you need help with a how-to for pulling and re-setting a toilet, we'll be glad to help you with that, if need be. It isn't that difficult.
Good luck!
Mike

lang

Reaction score
wat if i use a measuring tape? that can be flexible and if i extend it to the cd can't i push it forward or something to make it move? will that work? because i really don't have the time to go and buy an auger at the moment, not when tommorow is christmas eve and i will have company over. any other alternate option?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You could try a hand, coat hanger, auger, or anything. If that doesn't work pull the toilet and try looking up the backside to see if you can see it then try a garden hose spraying backward from the underside, or try pushing the garden hose backward through the trap to dislodge the item. My favorite item pulled from a toilet was a plastic smiling flourescent green alagator, strangest was a marijuana test kit at a police station.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
You'd better pull that toilet.If you push it down you are going to open a whole new can of worms if it lodges in the main sewer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks