Obama is writing checks to regular americans... I am regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I am about as regular as one person can get... I got my pen out. :)
I want a check for... 100,000 or any amount, lol. I like this. :) I will split with Terry, we are buds.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-cut-personal-checks-regular-americans-185608423.html

....Imagine you wrote a letter to the White House to share your personal struggle and instead of receiving a form letter in return, President Obama cut you a check.

It's happened, and more than once, according to Washington Post reporter Eli Saslow's new book "Ten Letters: The Stories Americans Tell Their President." Fellow Post reporter Nia-Malika Henderson writes Friday on a surprising excerpt from Saslow's book:

A few times during his presidency, Obama admitted, he had written a personal check or made a phone call on the writer's behalf, believing that it was his only way to ensure a fast result. "It's not something I should advertise, but it has happened," he told [Saslow]. Many other times, he had forwarded letters to government agencies or Cabinet secretaries after attaching a standard, handwritten note that read: "Can you please take care of this?"

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
When I was about 8 or 9, I was sick with a bad cold and I wrote and told President Eisenhower about that. He wrote back to "Master Joseph Lee O." with a hand-written "Get well" note in a hand-addressed envelope ... and now I cannot find that note anywhere so I can sell his signature on FleaBay!

Nuts.

Cookie

Reaction score
That is really cool Lee. It's ashame you can't find it, that would be a real treasure to have. I would frame it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Or take his *check* to the bank!
Trust me, I wouldn't be so lucky. :( I'd get an IOU... lol

Cookie

Reaction score
...and come to think of it, the IOU will be for One million dollars! payable when I turn 88! LOL.

Cookie

Reaction score
He's in Africa, again. OR, maybe, still at the Drivers Bureau... lol. I had a horrible thought, what if they made him go back to the UK for bucking the system at the drivers' center? :)

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I got my license. I look American.

I just don't sound like one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks