Oatey Shower Drain Install

Users who are viewing this thread

wulfers

Reaction score
I am trying to install an Oatey Shower Drain. The drain comes with two washers a fiber washer and a rubber washer. The question I have is how to install this drain in a fiberglass shower stall base. Which order do they go in and should I use plumbers putty at any time during the install? Does the rubber gasket go between the drain base and the shower base and the fiber gasket on top of the shower base and under the screw in drain top? Help...

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Silicone

Put silicone under the strainer flange and insert strainer into inside hole in the shower base.
From bottom install the rubber washer against the shower base, the cardboard friction washer next and then the nut. These nuts tend to come loose and are usually not accessible after installation. It's better to use a brass strainer. If not use pipe sealant on the threads and get it tight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks