Oatey Casper's shower drain

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by bellyjelly40, Mar 11, 2007.

1. bellyjelly40

bellyjelly40 New Member

HELP!!!

I have a leaky shower drain, and I've bought a new one, but am having troubles getting the old one out. The nut on bottom side of shower stall is turning along with the top part of the drain. What tools do I need to remove this. I've been at this since 12:30 this after noon and I'm getting pretty frustrated!!! I had to make the hole in the subfloor bigger just to gain access to the nut on the bottom of this shower. Not an easy task...any advice would be welcome. I'm at my wits end here, and I don't have a partner to help. Just me. I would rather not call a plumber.

Thanks
    Belly
  2. TedL

TedL New Member

Cut the nut with a dremel.