Novice and sudden loss of pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

dutchoven

Reaction score
My daughter was showering today and started yelling that there was no water coming out. I went and checked and the pressure was low enough that the shower would not turn on. The pressure was fine when it started but quickly stopped.

Here are the details on my system (from what I can tell):

1) It's a shallow well of roughly 25 feet.
2) The pump etc is located in my garage.
3) It has a filter system.
4) The pump is a flowtec that was here when I bought the home.

I went into the garage and the pump was running. The psi gauge read 28 psi and did not move. I shut the pump off after a bit and saw the psi guage drop to about 11. After a bit I turned the pump back on and the psi guage would not increase from the 11 that it has originally fell to.

My pump was not hot when I went out to check it. I am very much green on this type of thing. From what I have read, it would not be my pressure regulator causing this (I did check the contacts and they moved freely on the regulator that is attached to the flowtec) however I noticed a second regulator that was installed inbetween the wall and the pump. I have not checked it. But, since the pump is running, wouldn't that tell me that the regulator is not the problem?

I am waiting on my wife to get home to check the psi in the pressure tank. Any other thoughts on what to check here? Thanks!

Bob

dutchoven

Reaction score
One other thing that I forgot to mention....a few weeks ago my 3 year old daughter turned on the outside water faucet. I knew something was amiss as I heard the pump running constantly. I turned the faucet off and everything was fine.

When this morning took place, I immediately walked outside and noticed that the faucet was again on but just barely. I assumed this would fix the problem but no luck. When this faucet is turned on we do notice pipe hammering. Thoughts?

Bob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks