www.inspectpa.com
IMG_6353copy.jpg

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
Ok. So its another "Whats wrong here"

I'll point out the obvious and leave the rest to others.

The notched member is not reinforced.
The neighboring members are not doubled up.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
I have never used pex and most of the pics that I have seen resemble this
pic though I have seen some neat ones.Is just the nature of the beast or
not knowing proper installation technices.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Its called running home runs because they don't know how to size PEX tubing correctly. It doesn't need to look like that!

Last edited:

Construct30

Reaction score
Its call running home runs because they don't know how to size PEX tubing correctly. It doesn't need to look like that!

Someone really needs to find some pics of a proper manifold, home run, system and post them. I've seen some that look like art work they were so pretty. Due to flex for expansion and contraction it can't be made straight as copper, but it can still look neat and bundled. That's actually one of the biggest installation mistakes with PEX, you can't get it too straight and strap it too tight or you will cause problems.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I don't like home running because of the spaggetti effect and the wait for hot water at every fixture.

In a large home I install mini manifolds for bathroom groups. It keeps the spaggetti under control and allows recirculation or, use of one fixture in that group to get the hot water there.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
No not at this time but I'll get you some... My Sony Camera is in the same class as Am. Std. Toilets and whirlpool water heaters... So I'm at a digital camera handicap right now. :(

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thats about as good as a home run system can look. Still its a lot of spagetti for a 2 1/2 - 3 bath home. Which is why I would cut that back to fewer lines and use mini manifolds for bathroom groups.

WPCM2-M4-08B.jpg

Construct30

Reaction score
Redwood what brand and ... more details on that thing? That's a sweet setup.

jar546 thanks for a nice pic. I like the look of that one for a change.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks