nos toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jsmith6752, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jsmith6752

jsmith6752 New Member

I have been hours looking for a supplier of nos or a toilet junkyard. Does anyone know of a place other than ebay? I need a true 14" toilet bowl and the toto I like is 12" only. If I don't find one I will have to take up a new floor and ceiling below....thanks...Jim I had a American Standard 14" rough in. The holes on the base to the rear of the toilet measured about 9"
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The measurement of toilets is from the bolt holes in the flange holding it to the floor, to the finished wall. While the distance from the back of the actual toilet to the wall may be important if there is something like a radator or pipe or something behind, it doesn't matter normally. So, knowing that, check what you have and what you need to make it fit.
  3. Clayton

Clayton Plumber

Clayton

Peerless makes a toilet that has a 14" rough-in round bowl. Front edge of the bowl would be 27" off the finished wall behind the toilet.

Hopefully you can find another brand to satisfy your needs because these are not the best flushing toilets. I install these all the time for low budget Property Mgrs. that purchase them from a local hardware store. I would never stock these to sale to a customer.

good luck