Northstar water softener ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Crazyeyes

Reaction score
I'm going to add a water softener to my house this summer . I got a a price here for a 2 piece softener .Northstar 25000g for $498.00 .
Is this good price and good eqe. ?
if not , What eqe. do I need to look for .

Thank you
Rick

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
What is the valve like?
Any photos of the valve in question?
What is the water like? hardness, iron and the like.
How many people in the home?

From what I know Northstar is just another name of GE, Polarstar and Sears or Kenmore softeners... but I have been known to be wrong.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
2 teen girls?
Might as well add to more to that number...

From the web photo I would say just another name for Eco Water system.......... and looking at the book on it , just another spin on the cheap sears or GE......

Get the hardness test done...

If you would like to spend what you are about to spend every 6 years or so.... go for it, or spend some more have a system that will last for 5 times as long.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might be able to find some one to have a system drop shipped to you , much like an online dealer would.

Crazyeyes

Reaction score
Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Having a challenge in getting to the pages that you have the links to...
But if the system is that which is on the home page of Sterlingwatertreatment... then that photo looks to be the clack valve and that is a good one..
Do they offer parts if some thing that you might have to replace?

Crazyeyes

Reaction score

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it is the one on the home page, then it looks like the clack valve and that would be a good choice, a better choice than the northstar...........

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello Crazyeyes,

I have a Starwater system and it has been in operation for 15 years. Whatever you get , It should be a system that re-gens on water use demand.
that saves salt and media used to soften the water.

The one you listed 1207101 looks scary to me, too many parts and a PC controller that may glitch if you have any type of electrical Brown out.
If you do go with a controller like that, I would recommend a Surge protector at the least. (maybe even a UPS in rural Indiana)

There is nothing wrong with a Star system with the good old time Mechanical Timer, as long as it is on demand Rejuvenate.

Just my thought.

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks