Noob with a BR sink drain

Users who are viewing this thread

PlantsCraveBrawndo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to remove what I think is called the drain body in the sink because the tailpiece's threads sheared off like butter into the drain body's female threads and I can't remove it without getting the whole drainbody out to work on it and see if it bears replacing. It's a pivot/popup style body. Is there a trick to keeping the flange stationary while unscrewing the drain body? Luckily I have a helper to work on the flange but I'm not sure which tools are best to avoid any damage.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The tailpiece treaded portion is quite thin and usually the sheared off portion can be very easily picked out without removing the pop-up assy.

If you do go ahead and remove the pop-up assy. plan on replacing it.

PlantsCraveBrawndo

Reaction score
Okay, I was picking with an awl and realized the female threads could potentially be ruined. Is there a technique to it?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You need to pick it out without destroying the female threads.
Once you get it starting to come out it's not hard.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks