Noisy sand point well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

mccluredj

Reaction score
We recently moved into a lake home with what I'm told is a sand point well and jet pump (but what do I know - that's why I'm here). It's so noisy (this one is located in a closet on our lower level), my lovely wife wants a new deep well drilled with a submersible pump ($$$s).

OK it is very noisy. Is there any way to fix that, or are sand point wells with jet pumps simply always noisy?

The water is clear and wonderful in every way; the pump is simply too noisy!

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

- Don

Speedbump

Reaction score
You didn't say what kind of pump it is. Some pumps are noisy out of the box. Sears plastic pumps for example (not sold only at Sears) are noisy out of the box. Any pump motor can get noisy when the bearings dry out. You may just need to take it to a motor shop and have the bearings replaced. That's a job that should be done locally for around $100.00 (if you take the pump to them). You could buy another pump of higher quality if the old one is looking like it's on it's way out. Shallow well jet pumps are pretty easy to install, just two pipes and a wire. Jet Pumps

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks