noisy pipes

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by elleoaka, Jan 21, 2006.

1. elleoaka

elleoaka New Member

i had a new part put in the toilet recently ,,and ever since then my pipes make a rattling noise for a few seconds after the toilet flushes or the taps are turned off,, i thought it might be air in the pipes but i have turned the water off then back on and this didnt help ,, can anyone help me,,
    thanks
    elleoaka :)
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

What did you replace? Some types of filler valves make more noise than others. What brand?
  3. elleoaka

elleoaka New Member

hi me again with these rattling pipes...
    i replaced the ball cock with the newer kind of flushing system... can anyone help me..
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sometimes the washer on the shutoff valve can make some noise when water flows. Make sure that the shutoff valve is fully open, and if it already is, try shutting it down part way to see if the noise changes.
  5. dubldare

dubldare Plumber/Gasfitter

Gonna go out on a limb...

Fluidmaster 400-A