1. ramsey76

ramsey76 New Member

We have a severe pipe noise problem in the wall where the water enter the house. Any water used produces a low griding noise that sound like a chain saw. I am on city water and the water meter is outside. I called the city to look at the meter and it is ok. However the repairman indicated the probelm could be in the mansfield anti syphon out faucet. When I turn the water on the noise is loundest in the wall behind the faucet.

Does this sound like something I can fix with a mansfield repair kit?

The water company guy thinks something is sticking inside the value.

Thanks
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I don't know about your city, but in mine, I am required to have an annual inspection of my backflow preventer. I don't know the particulars of your brand of device, but I would certainly assume it can be repaired if faulty. If it is not working correctly, you could be contaminating your household water.