Noisy Hot Water heater exhaust blower

Users who are viewing this thread

Bradsteelman

Reaction score
I have an 8 yr old Gas fired hot water heater with a Windjammer exhaust blower with a Jakel Model 117524 motor that makes loud high pitched squealing when running, it's intermittent but annoying. Is there an aperture for oiling or is this a sealed unit? Is there anything I can do to fix or should I replace?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You will have to look but I will guess that the bearing is sealed and it needs replaced if that is possible.

If not the whole blower unit will need to be replaced or replace the whole heater. Those blower units can be quite expensive...$200.00-$400.00.

Bradsteelman

Reaction score
Cass

thanks Cass, I'm not sure where to look about replacing the bearing. THe water heater is working fine, just a noisy blower, I'd probably just replace it if possible.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
That is difficult

Cass is probably cheap in his quote for that part...

they really stick it to you for those fans

the last one i tried to buy for a 75 gallon brad white
power vent 7 year old heater was gonna cost me
400 bucks plus 50 dollars shiping.

I know that you would rather try to get that part ...

but the odds are stacked against you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks