Noisy and vibrating pipes, taps etc

Users who are viewing this thread

char

Reaction score
Please help me!!! I have just moved into a rented property and have discovered that every time I turn the hot or cold tap in the bath or shower, oh my does the noise and vibrations begin. I can't even hear the phone or the television. When you turn off the taps, everything stops.

When I trun the shower on, the pressure is so much that the water stings my body. Please help me..........I haven't got a clue about plumbing or valves etc,.:(:confused:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Time to call up the brand spanking new landlord that shmoozed you to get into this place to begin with.

I will say this, when I first moved into this place the shower pressure was so hard that it hurt too. I don't know if I have got used to it or if the pressure has indeed went down but I could stand to use more pressure in that same shower now.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
No. If you try something that we suggest and your skill level unknown to us, you inadvertanly create a disaster, who's gonna take the blame¿ I wouldn't want that on my shoulders, if I were you.

char

Reaction score
Plunger

Oh yeah I understand. But do you know what the prob might be? I don't want to call a plumber in and he rips me off because I don't have an idea what the problem is.:(:(

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Call The Landlord

They're going to be ripping the landlord off if anyone! I thought I already tried to make that point.

char

Reaction score
Plunger

Yes I know you did, but the situation is more complicated than that. The previous tenants fitted the bath and shower, when I moved in I was told that should any fittings fitted by previous tenants break down, then the repairs are my responsibility.:(:(

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes I know you did, but the situation is more complicated than that. The previous tenants fitted the bath and shower, when I moved in I was told that should any fittings fitted by previous tenants break down, then the repairs are my responsibility.:(:(
I would replace the cartridges first. Depending on how long they have been installed for, the cartridges may be vibrating as the water passes through the valve. It usually starts with the hot water side first (i'm assuming it is a 2 handle faucet)

The brand name or pic would help to give you a better idea for a solution.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most common things that vibrate are loose washers. If the valves have any, you could look there first. But, you may want to check the water pressure. Buy a gauge for about $10 with a hose connection on it...you may need some adapters to screw it in somewhere, but if you have washing machine hookup or an outside hose bib, or the drain of your water heater, you could try there. If it is over 80 pounds, he should install a pressure reduction valve and an expansion tank. It's not safe if it is really high. When I was a kid, before we installed one, if you weren't careful, the water pressure could force a glass out of your hand at the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks