no water

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by carolbalzano, Jun 27, 2012.

1. carolbalzano

carolbalzano New Member

I don't know much about wells. My husband always took care of that. He died. I'm lost.
    I have 2 wells and a 500 gallon tank on my water system. The PumpTec box controls everything. When I turn on the pump #1, I hear a motor running. The Power light on the box is lit solid. No water is going to the tank. I just discovered wet ground and half the water in my tank is gone. Can anyone help me? Or does anyone know an honest professional in my area that doesn't take advantage of a single woman who is unfamiliar with anything mechanical or electrical? I live in Catheys Valley, CA. A small town in the foothills going up to Yosemite National Park. Near Merced, Fresno, Modesto. Thank you.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Probably just have a break in the underground line. Maybe a plumber could fix it if you know one you trust. He could at least tell you if you really need a pump man or not.
  3. carolbalzano

carolbalzano New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess my first job is to start digging and find the leak, right? I wonder where I should start digging. Where the ground is the wettest? Or where I first saw the water puddle? Or around the spigot that turns on the hose, which is the only place water was turned on. I suppose the leak could be anywhere? Then when I do find it, I will have to have someone fix it if I can't figure out how to fix it myself. Am I heading in the right direction?
  4. valveman

There are companies with leak detection equipment that could help pinpoint the leak. My leak detector is a shovel. I just start at the most wet spot and work my way out until I find the leak.
  5. carolbalzano

carolbalzano New Member

And I'll bet they charge a pretty penny to come and use that detection equipment too. So, I guess I'll start digging. My wet ground is partly under my trailer. Any hints on how to shovel under there? Use a short shovel?
  6. valveman

Yeah and a short shovel operator. :)
  7. carolbalzano

carolbalzano New Member

hehe. I'll be going back up to my place toward the end of this month, July....to start digging. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all your help. Carole.