No water..where to start

Users who are viewing this thread

robyno

Reaction score
I have tried the breakers and we have no water and the pump does not kick in. Just in case it was the cold I ran the blow dryer over the pipes, but I doubt it was cold enough to freeze the pump. Where do I try next?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Is it a shallow well or deep.

Is the pump in the well?

robyno

Reaction score
well problem

It is a deep well for our home. The pump is only 10 years old.

robyno

Reaction score
well pump

The people who put the well house in built it tight around the pump so it is hard to get in. There are two tanks above ground one small ..I assume the pump itself is in the well.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You need an ohm meter to see if there is an open leg or a short down hole. Also need to check for correct voltage getting to the motor. You may have a bad pressure switch that will just not let the power through. I hate to tell you this but, 7 years is the average life of a submersible. The fact that you already got 10 years is probably because you have two tanks. The more tanks, the less cycling on and off, and the longer the pump will last.

If it is the pump fried, you should consider a Cycle Stop Valve. They will make the pump last longer than if you had a whole room full of tanks.

robyno

Reaction score
hurrah

I took the breaker out of the wellhouse and wiped it down with a little steel wool since it had a little corrosion..put it back in and I have water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks