No Water Pressure.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by music9704, Jun 28, 2013.

1. music9704

music9704 New Member

OK first, I don't expect anyone to fully understand this system. I was just wondering if this could be done, and if it would help the water pressure.
    In bath #3 (pic) I have no water pressure in the shower, even though it was just remodeled. (NO, I didn't do the work myself, but this is part of the reason I am doing the one above). So the copper goes from bath 3 up to bath 5. I am running 3/4 Pex homerun to bath 5; I was wondering if I connected the pex to the open copper pipe that was feeding bath 5. It feeds bath 3 first. Would give me more pressure. Bath 3 would be feed from two ends. It would make a loop
    Main------1/2" copper-----bath 3
    Main-------3/4 pex------bath 5-------bath 3

I can get to the copper pipe in bath 3 now. Once I close up bath 5, I can't.
    I can't replumb bath 3, I can only just get to the cut pipe from where it was feeding bath 5.

Attached Files:

2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Your problem is more than likely from the galvanized lines, including the main. They need to be replaced.

John
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pressure

First find out WHY it has no pressure, especailly since it was just remodeled. it could be a functional problem inside the valve, and if so, it makes no difference how much volume you make it will still be the same way. John201, is that the avatar you posted or was yours hacked like mine was last week?
  4. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

The avatar is mine. The one on this posting is not the one that I was referring to. That one was "XXX" rated.

John
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  5. music9704

music9704 New Member

Thank you guys. John201, I don't think the low pressure is from the galv pipe; we have pretty good pressure through the rest of the house. I was thinking it wasn't getting enough water because of the type of shower heads. The shower actually has 1 shower head as well as 3 wall spray heads. I thought I had read this type of system needed to be looped. I wan't sure if looping the whole bath room would help.
    HJ It may be a valve. The guy got the hot & cold reversed. It's hard to tell whats going on behind the tile. I just can't get to anything.
    I am going to replace the galv pipe as soon as I can. The piror owner was a well driller. We have wells, and water pipes running all over the place. It's hard to tell what goes where.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Hot and cold reversed is a simple matter of rotating the cartridge 180 degrees. I usually do it intentionally for shower only valves so I feed the showers with the bigger "tub" opening, which reverses the hot/cold sides, then insert the core upside down.