NO WATER PRESSURE (whole house)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Tammy, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Tammy

Tammy New Member

Hello All,
    I am new to this site so I am hoping I can get some help...
    We just changed all the waterpipes in our home there isn't many, but since we did this we have absolutley no water pressure what so ever... my husband thought maybe he hooked up the lines wrong so he changed them and still no water pressure. so might anyone have any ideas that we can check ??? he was thinking maybe air locked still no pressure :confused:
    can someone help Please
    Tammy
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  2. PEW

PEW DIY Senior Member

Tammy,

Make sure there is not a supply valve which was overlooked which may be turned off. If you are on well water, be sure the pump is back on.
  3. Tammy

Tammy New Member

we never turned nothing off but the main water shut off.
    Tammy
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

If your main water valve is a gate valve ( possibly a round blue or red handle), when yuo opened it up, did it open it several turns until it stopped turning, or does the handle jsut turn and turn and never reaches a "stop"? If the later case is true, the stem in the valve has broken and the valve must be replaced.
  5. Deb

Deb Plumber

Deb

It is possible to have debris in everything. Have you removed aerators and shower heads to check for debris? Sometimes homeowners who do their own plumbing don't understand the importance of getting NO dirt or debris in the lines when you are running them. You almost always get debris when you turn on a main line after a shut down of old plumbing.
    Deb
    The Pipewench
  6. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

CPVC Glue Clumps

Or if you plumbed with plastic did you leave big lumps of cement/glue in the fitting/s?
  7. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

No water pressure

Since the whole system is affected, the problem has to be in the main line at or between the first point in the system that was worked, I assume the cutoff valve to be the first point, and that is I would begin start. Open the line at the valve and adapt it to a hose so you can check the flow from the valve. If that's OK, the restriction almost surely has to be between the valve and that point. It would not be impossible for debris to be clogging the screens in the faucets, but seems unlikely that all of them would be plugged. They should be removed and cleaned anyway, and the line should be flushed as previously noted. My guess is a faulty valve, but you have to check to be sure.
  8. Tammy

Tammy New Member

Thank You All

Thank you all you were great in helping with my NO WATER PRESSURE, i did everything you all said......it was the simplist thing the lines we clogged with dirt and yuk... thank you so much I now have water pressure :)
    THANK YOU ALL
    Tammy