No water head scratcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Rngr275

Reaction score
Its been a while since I've posted but I am having a problem with my water system and where better to go than here!
Here is the scenario: A week or so ago my yells to me that there is no water coming from the kitchen faucet. I head to the cellar and check the pump (plug and unplug) and nothing happens. I have a valve to a hose connection, so I crack that valve and as soon as I do the pump kicks on. This is happening all the time now. Kitchen, bathroom faucets stop flowing, but if I open the valve I mentioned before or the bathtub faucet the pump immediately kicks on!
Here is my equipment: I have a Flowtec pump pulling water from my spring fed cistern into an 80gal P-Tank (I use the pressure switch built into the pump 30-50psi). From there it goes through a filter (which I cleaned trying to fix this problem), then into a pex manifold to feed the house and hot water heater. Pretty straight forward system.

Ideas? I am thinking maybe the P-tank pressure need an adjustment... but that is just a guess.

Thanks McD

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks