No water and pressure tank empty....

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeKimbler

Reaction score
My pump has been running non stop for some time now and I can't figure out why. In diving into this I have found that my pressure tanks will not fill. I have put a new pressure switch on and replaced a non working pressure gauge. After doing this I now have no water in the house as before I still did. The pressure gauge is only reading 5 psi with the pump on. What am I missing?

Reach4

Reaction score
If you need water soon, you should consider calling a well servicing person.

Your pump may be bad, Something may be clogged. Your well may be short of water.

If you are going to try to fix this youself, what kind of pump do you have?

Odysseus99

Reaction score
Or, your drop pipe may have corroded through so that the pump is pumping into the well.

-how old is the pump?

-What type of drop pipe is installed?

-do you have a means of determining the water level in the well, relative to the pump?

Wondering

Reaction score
Do you have a jet pump? If so, maybe you need to prime the pump. Not sure about the 5psi, but sounds to me like it lost it's prime while you were changing things around.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks