No Soft Water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by sbcoach, May 5, 2007.

1. sbcoach

sbcoach New Member

I have a Kenmore water softener that was run out of salt. Not a new thing. This time after refilling the salt and regenerating a few days there still is no soft water. Everything seems to be working correctly in the regeneration cycle but still no soft water. Ideas??
  2. kordts

kordts In the Trades

Call Sears, if it's still under warranty. I myself use an independant treatment guy to test water and design the systems. Your salt setting may be too low. It may need to be set to regenerate more often.
  3. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

You probably have a water heater full of hard water. It will take a while to refill with soft water.
  4. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Is the water in the brine tank higher than normal?

Is there water running to drain in a regeneration?

Check the operation and troubleshooting sections here:
    www.kenmorewater.com.