No separate valves for shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Boris Epstein

Reaction score
Hello all,

In my studio, I have separate valves blocking both the cold and hot water for my kitchen sink, for my bathroom sink and for my toilet (cold only, naturally) but not for the shower. Is there some standard place - like right behind the shower faucet - that it can be expected to be? Am I looking in wrong places - or is it common for the shower not to have a separate set of valves? Thing is, I do have to do some work on that shower faucet and unless I find a way to block the water to it individually I may have to block it to the whole house and there are 4 apartments in it and I'd rather not have to do that.

Thanks in advance for ny help and advice.

Cheers,

Boris.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some shower valves have built in screw driver stops and some do not have them. You will have to remove the face plate to see if they are there or not.

moen_posi-temp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Once in awhile there will be an access panel behind the shower wall, but there is no standard for there to be one or not.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hope your shower valve has integral shut-offs; it's the best way to go, especially on multi-unit housing. Sometimes the only option is to make an appointment to shut down part of a building while work is being done. Not my favorite thing to do. I've been spoiled by single family housing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks